Wednesday, June 25, 2014

After Father`s Day.
I played with my son…
To make him grow stronger
Took him to The Guru…
To make him think broader.

Gave him toys, food, comforts.
Whatever I could…
Why not?
He deserves the best…
And he should.

He always looked at me…
For his needs money and deeds.
That was then…
Now he is big and rich man.

I am Old...
Out fashioned…
Just a clown.

He’s a friend…
Who hears…
And cares
With magnificent gifts…
For his dears

My final destined space…
St. Mary’s nursing place.
Nurses give me…
Lots of pills.
And sometimes…
Take me around the hills.

On Father`s day…
Someone came to see.
Hey dad!
“It`s me.”

Today…
I am dying.
I hear…
Someone crying.

At last…
I died.
My son cried.

He was sad…
And worried.
Funeral Services…
And all the expenses.

Someone said…
“Don`t be afraid...”
“All expenses paid.”
“Everything is done”…
“And an envelope”...
“He left for your son.“

 Americans celebrate Father`s Day,
“Hey dad, how are you?”
“Hanging in, I am still alive,” the father replies.
“Okay, I will check in next year…bye.”

Father`s Day and Mother`s Day come once a year to remind those who forget their mothers and fathers.  Instead, celebrate everyday through reading, listening and understanding Gurbani, and doing keertan with your family daily.


Ek pita ekas ke ham barak
Only One father, to all.
Friends are GIFTS.
Parents are BLESSINGS.
God is LIFE and EVERYTHING.

          Nirmal Singh

nysikhs@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment